Week three was a little long and stressful. The copier in the school ran out of toner so we were scampering around trying to find a way to teach without copies. The office staff was so wonderful and things actually worked out okay, but it all left me feeling kind of scatter brained and unprepared. But we made it through the week and I'm sure all the kiddos learned something- I hope so anyway! Friday was a half day which meant the kids were crazy with anticipation because they got out of school early and got a long weekend! After they all went home we had a training about some ways to challenge our students. It was good to learn some new techniques, but I was tired by the end of it.
After the training we packed up our stuff and headed to Irvine California with the Light family. Marvin is the maintance guy at our school and Stacey is a second grade teacher. They have two little girls, Lexi and Reese, who are so sweet and fun to hang out with. We went to visit one of Marvin's friends and we had a blast. Saturday we spent the whole day at the pool, which was beautiful, and got really sunburnt. Then Sunday we went to Laguna Beach to check out the beach. Then Ashley and I did some shopping while the rest of the family went back and changed clothes. We then had dinner in Newport Beach and checked out the boardwalk. Monday morning we packed up and headed back to Casa Grande. All in all it was a great relaxing weekend and I'm so glad we went.
Reese and I going a little nuts in the car :)
Newport Beach Pier
Classic Lexi and Reese moment
Chilling on the beach with my FBF BFF :)
The whole crew- Ashley, Me, Reese, Lexi, Stacey, and Marvin
Lexi and I chilling by a fountain :)
This week has been going really well. I have started to feel like I am actually teaching my students something. Not that they haven't been learning things before, but the content is getting a little more in depth. I have been feeling like my relationships with my students are really starting to form and its a wonderful feeling. It is so wonderful to have days where I am reminded over and over again of why I want to be a teacher!
Thanks again for all your love and support! I greatly, greatly appreciate it :)
No comments:
Post a Comment