Sunday, August 29, 2010

Adventure #7: Two weeks down!

I survived week two! It went fairly well. There were some obstacles to overcome, but there will always be obstacles. I am starting to get the routine of it all down. It no longer takes me an hour and a half to get myself together to go home at the end of the day. Ashley and I have been able to get out fo the school by 4:00-we barely know what to do with all our time :)

This week the weather caused a little chaos for us. Monday and Tuesday there was a heat advisory so the kids had to eat lunch in our rooms instead of outside (our temporary cafeteria is benches in the shade on the side of the unfinished gym). Then Wednesday it was extremely windy and slightly rainy so once again they had to eat in our rooms. And Thursday the kids were out at recess for about 5 minutes before it started pouring sending all 26 of my first graders soaking wet back into my classroom. And Friday it poured all morning so they once again at lunch in the classroom. Not having that break made the days a little longer and the crazy weather made the kids a little more wound up. But we survived!

There have also been many moments this week that reminded me of why I love this so much. The smile that lights up a child's face when I comment on how beautiful their handwriting is and how I can tell they have been working hard on it. The cute little pictures they bring me of rainbows and notes that say how much they love first grade. And their silly giggles when I say some outrageous thing they know is just crazy. Those are the things I love so much about little kids and the reasons why I worked so hard to get to this point. And those are the things which give me the energy to wake up every morning and crawl out of bed and face all the crazy obstacles that come my way!

Thank you all so much for your faithful prayers and encouragement! There is no way I would be where I am today without the strength and guidance God has given me and so many of you have played such an important role in that. Love you and miss you all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment