Monday, August 2, 2010

Adventure #3: Two weeks!!!

Two weeks from today I will have completed my first day of school as a real live teacher!! Its so crazy to think about and I don’t think its really even set in yet. Ashley and I look at each other every once in a while and say, “We are teachers” or “We live in Arizona” Its crazy to say but it still feels a little like summer camp or RA orientation at Crown. But I think as the days pass by it will continue to set in more and more.

Ashley and I made a trip to Lakeshore Learning Store on Saturday to stock up on all kinds of fun stuff. We then spent the next 24 hours cutting things out and gluing things together and coming up with all kinds of wonderful ideas for decorating our classroom. We also spent some time relaxing in our pool with Ashley’s cousins and getting some much needed rest.

Training is still going strong. Spalding (the language arts curriculum) is starting to make a little more sense, or we’re all going a little more crazy, and things are sort of starting to come together. But there are a lot of things that just don’t make sense and I have no idea how they are all going to come together. There is so much stuff that I keep thinking about or they keep telling us about that I have no idea how I’m going to get it all done. I’m sure it will all work out though, that’s what everyone keeps saying anyway :)

We have really enjoyed getting to know people at school. There are so many nice people and they are so patient as they answer all our questions and so friendly asking us if we found this grocery store or that restaurant. Ashley and I have come to be known as the Minnesota Twins- we are together a lot of the time and our principal called us that in a meeting so I’m pretty sure its stuck. I couldn't think of a better person to be stuck with though!

The next days will be filled with lots and lots of preparation. Which is really exciting, but it all gets a little overwhelming sometimes. But we just need to take things one day at a time and trust that it will all come together! I promise I will put up pictures of our apartment soon! Things are a little crazy around here right now because we have a friend from Legacy staying with us for the week. She’s our first house guest :)

Miss you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment