I had a great trip to Minnesota for Thanksgiving! It was so wonderful to see my family and get to spend some time with them and of course the food was delicious :)It was crazy to see snow-and really really cold- but really pretty! Then I also got to take on the adventure of Black Friday with my mom, my aunt Crissy, and my Grandma. It was a little crazy but so much fun! And I got some shopping done too!
I also got the chance to visit some friends while I was there. I got to see some of my favorite little kiddos. They were all so excited to see me and it was so great to see them- I miss getting to hang out with them all the time! They have all grown up sooooo much too :) And I got to see some of my friends from forever- it was so nice to see them and catch up on life!
The whole trip was a little bit of a whirlwind, but I loved it! I am looking forward to going home again at Christmas when I will be there for a little longer and get to actually rest and relax and be at home :)
And now I'm back to school. My kids have been awesome this week!!! I missed them a little bit over break :) Its been a good start to the week. We had drama again today- it was a little nuts, but I think its going to turn out to be a good play! I've really enjoyed getting to spend time with the kids and interact with them on a different level!
It keeps hitting me this week- I'm a real live teacher! This is my job, these are my co-workers, I'm getting paid, these 27 kids staring at me are my students, I am their teacher. i need to teac them everything they need to learn in 1st grade, no one else is going to teach them. This is my life. Its crazy and scary and really exciting all at the same time!! Sometimes I can't believe what has happened to me in the past few months. Its mind-blowing, and amazing, and such a huge blessing!
Well the papers are piling up and I suppose I should make some dinner evenutally and figure out what in the world I'm going to teach these children tomorrow :)
No comments:
Post a Comment