Sunday, November 14, 2010

Adventure #14: Another Wonderful Week

This week was pretty good. Nothing too exciting, but sometimes that is good! My kids were fairly good this week, a little chatty, but they are getting better- I think :) It has been fun to continue to get to know them better and see their little personalities. I really enjoy getting to see them everyday, even when they drive me nuts and I don't know what to do with them, every morning when they come back with their sweet smiles and little hugs I remember why I love this so much!

We had Thursday off for Veteran's day and while it felt a little weird to have a random Thursday off, it was really nice! Ashley and I had lunch with the Lights at a really good Mexican resturant and then we drove up to Tempe to go to IKEA. We spent a couple hours wandering around looking at everything and ended up getting some stuff for our classrooms. Then we had a relaxing night of putting together scripts for drama club. We are getting really excited for our play! It could be extrememly chaotic, but I think we are going to be able to pull it off and make it really cute!

Last night we went to the Cheesecake Factory in Chandler with the Light girls (Stacey, Lexi, and Reese), and the two other first grade teachers Stephanie, and Heather (and her daughter Cady). It was really fun to hang out with these ladies outside of school and talk about things besides our crazy kids and trying to figure out what grammar thing to test on next week :) And the cheesecake was delicious!!!!

All this added up to another wonderful week in sunny Arizona :) Hope all of you in the frozen north are staying warm and enjoying the snow! Can't wait to see it in a couple weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment