Monday, December 20, 2010

Adventure #17: Christmas Preparations

The past month has been a busy one! I've been hustling and bustling running this way and that getting things ready for the drama club performance, the class Christmas party, buying presents for people, and enjoying all the events that come along with the holiday season.


Teaching has been going really well! As early as some mornings come and as much as I sometimes wish I could just sleep instead of waking up to teach 27 first graders, I love getting up every morning to teach. I have really started to see some gains in my students and it is exciting to see them learning. We just started learning how to do subtraction a couple weeks ago and they think it is the coolest thing in the world to be able to do and are working so hard to learn their facts :) It still hits me every once in a while as I walk down the hallway with 27 little ones following me that I am a teacher, these are my students and their education for this year is in my hands. Its a scary thought, but I know God is giving me the strength I need everyday to take on the challenge.

Our drama club performance turned out wonderfully! The stage turned out so cute (after several late nights of hard work) and the kids did a wonderful job. Some of them went all out on their costumes and they were so cute! Ashley and I are so thankful the play is over, but we both had a lot of fun doing it and I think the kids did too!



Once the performance was over, there was still a round of parties to go to to celebrate! Our principal hosted a staff Christmas party at her house and we had a blast playing boys versus girls Family Fued. We had a white elephant gift exchange with our small group. There were some fascinating gifts with lots of laughs to go around as well. We also celebrated with the Lights by going out to dinner! And of course we had to have a class Christmas party! I had a bunch of parents who came in to help so it went wonderfully :) I sugared them up and sent them home for two weeks. I will miss them, but it is nice to have a break as well and I think they were ready for a break! I know we will all come back refreshed and ready to take on the rest of the year!


And now I'm back in the frozen north enjoying all the Christmas fun in Minnesota. I already got to go to the Holidazzle parade in downtown Minneapolis and celebrate an early Christmas with my mom's family. I've played in the snow with my cousins and shoveled the driveway after it snowed again today! I'm looking forward to lots more winter fun like sledding with friends and ice skating and hopefully more playing in the snow :) I'm also looking forward to spending some time with my friends and family as well as relaxing and enjoying my break.



I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and an enjoyable time with your friends and family!!

No comments:

Post a Comment