Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Adventure #33: My Summer Vacations

Its hard to believe, but my summer is coming near to its end. We really only had 6 weeks of a summer and I spent 4 of them traveling which makes it go rather quickly! There were many adventures in my travels- so here's the story:

My first trip was with the Light family to California. We went for Reese's 5th birthday to go to Disneyland and we took in a few other sights while we were there like Hollywood :)



I really enjoyed Disneyland- although the lines got a little long sometimes :) It was fun to ride on all the rides and watch Reese and Lexi get to dance with the princesses! Hollywood was interesting- it was cool to see all the sights you hear about like the walk of fame and the Kodak Theatre but it was really crowded and dirty too. It was cool to say I've been there, but I have no desire to return anytime soon :)

After that trip I was home for a few days before heading to Philadelphia to meet Travis and visit his sister for a few days. We had a wonderful time hanging out with Tami and seeing all the sights.



It was really cool to walk around downtown Philly and see all these historical sights that have been around for hundreds of years. We found a book in one of the shops that showed pictures of buildings in the late 1800s and early 1900s and then pictures of the same building today; it was so cool to see how many of the buildings looked exactly the same! It was amazing to see how intricate and complex the buildings were and to think about how long it must have taken to build them without the tools and technology we have today. It was also great to spend some time with Travis and his sister relaxing and catching up. All in all, it was a great trip

After Philly I flew with Travis back to Minneapolis to spend a couple weeks in Minnesota. I enjoyed spending time with my family, going to a few marching band parades to cheer on my sister Amy, catching up with friends, and doing wonderful Minnesota summer things like hanging out at the cabin and the lake and going to a Twins game!



I miss lakes and hanging out at them all summer long! It was great to get a chance to spend some time at the lake tubing and swimming and going for boat rides! It was another great trip :)

Now I am back in hot Arizona! I have one week left before I go back for training. I'm kind of excited to get back to work- I really enjoy my job and my students and the people I work with and I am excited to get back into that routine! But I am enjoying the last days of summer :) Hope all your summers are going well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment