I survived one week of Spalding II training! Most of you probably have no idea what this means, so I'll explain :) Spalding is the language arts curriculum our school uses and there are trainings teachers have to go through in order to be certified in the curriculum. We went through the first training last summer and now comes part 2. We have to drive an hour each way to one of the other school campuses so it gets to be kind of a long day, but its been fun to get to spend some time with the other teachers from our school and catch up after the summer. We have one more week of Spalding training and then a week of district training. I'm kind of ready for it to be over, but its not too terrible!
I also have been able to spend some time in my classroom this week, which has been awesome. Last year was so rushed and crazy that it is so wonderful to be able to have almost three weeks to set my classroom up this year. I'm excited to get everything in place and to start a new year!
Well, I better go do my homework before class tomorrow! Have a wonderful week :)
No comments:
Post a Comment