Friday, June 3, 2011

Adventure #30: Summer!!!

I can hardly believe I am writing this, but I am! I finished my first year of teaching! It was a wonderful year, full of challenges, new experiences, and wonderful memories. I'm so thankful for all the opportunities I've been given this year. I never would have thought last year at this time that I would be sitting on a couch in my own apartment reflecting on my first year of teaching in Arizona. But God works in amazing ways and he brought me a job and a wonderful roommate and amazing coworkers and a great group of kids to spend a year with. I've learned so much about teaching and about myself.
Packing up my classroom was a little sad; I'm going to miss going to school everyday! I really enjoy my job; I love waking up everyday to go to school and help my students learn about their world. There are mornings when I would rather be sleeping, but seeing the joy on a student's face when they finally understand something, or when they can answer multiplcation facts makes up for all late nights and early mornings :) I'm excited to have some time off for the summer though- it will be nice to relax for a bit and go back to Minnesota to visit everyone and get out of this heat :) I'm also looking forward to having some time to relax and do something like scrapbooking and reading books, just for fun :) Plus, with how hot it is here, the pool is always a good option! Hope all of your summers are starting off well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment