Things in my classroom continue to go pretty well. They have been really talkative ever since Fall Break, but I have been slowly, but surely figuring out ways to calm them down and get them to stay quiet for a few minutes so I can teach :) We had our fall party on Friday and it went really well. I had a bunch of awesome parents in to help me and I think the kids had a lot of fun! I'm not really sure they learned anything all day because they were so excited for the party, but that's okay!
I was thinking this afternoon about the things that make a life. When I moved down here in July, I left behind almost everything I had ever known and I started off on a new adventure, the adventure of making a life for myself. It has been a very interesting journey thus far, with lots of twists and turns that I was not expecting but there have been so many wonderful things along the way!
The things that make up a life are not the house you live in or the car you drive or how much money you make, though those things play a role. I think the things that really make a life are the little blessings that come along. The gorgeous sunsets behind the mountains- something I haven't had since living in Colorado!
The picture doesn't do justice to this beautiful sunset!
Being able to drive around in November (almost) with the windows down and the music blaring in shorts and a t-shirt because its still 80 or sometimes 90 degrees out :)
Having a job that I love! I am excited to get up every day (almost- if it wasn't so early it would be everyday!) to go to work and do what I love. Most of the time it doesn't really feel like work because I get to hang out with kids all day and watch the light go on in their eyes as they learn something new and celebrate with them when they finally get 100% on their spelling test. I feel so blessed to be able to do that because I realize not everyone is lucky enough to love what they do everyday.
Having friends to hang out with. We have kind of established a routine each week and its a great one. Monday night we go to the Lights for good meal and Monday Night Football. The games aren't always great, but its so much fun and so relaxing to be able to sit around a kitchen table with a family and enjoy a meal and talk and laugh and tease and joke. Then Tuesday night we have small group. Its another wonderful night of talking and laughing and listening to stories and supporting each other as we go through life. I feel blessed and amazed everytime we hang out with these people because they just kind of feel into our laps. We happened to go to the church and sit in the row in front of them and we instantly clicked and found friends who understand so well where we are coming from and what we do everyday. Then on Wednesday we catch up on grades and gear up for the end of the week. Thursdays we go watch softball and cheer on the church team and chat with the ladies about the crazy things people name their kids! (Orange jello, come on people what are you thinking?) Then Friday comes and we celebrate another week being completed by going out to dinner then crashing on the couch and dreading the huge pile of grading to get done. Then there's cleaning and catching up on Saturday and church on Sunday and getting ready to start it all over again!
Carving pumpkins with two of my favorite little girls!
There's so many things that make a life, and make it wonderful and I am so thankful for all the blessings in my life
No comments:
Post a Comment