Thursday, October 14, 2010

Adventure #11: We made it to Fall Break!!

I can hardly believe it is Fall Break!! I remember thinking in July when I was getting ready to move that I just had to make it to this break and then I could process everything and figure out what in the world I just did. Well now its Fall Break and I'm still blown away by the fact that I am sitting in Arizona. But here's a little bit about what I have processed so far :)

As I think about all that has happened since July when I found out Ashley had gotten a job, and then I got a job, the overwhelming feeling is God's amazing blessing on my life! Last year when Ashley and I were student teaching together in Delano we kept saying that we needed to get jobs at the same school in the same grade because we loved working together! We kept dreaming about that, but we never imagined it would come true! But then in July we found out we would be teaching at the same school. And then we got down here and randomly the principal asked me if I wanted to teach 1st grade with Ashley. Our dream was coming true and it is wonderful. We love being across the hall from each other- we make faces at each other and send our students back and forth with notes!

Then there was our apartment. Ashley looked up apartment complexes online and found one that looked like it would be good. So we put in our application and security deposit hoping that it would work out once we got down here. We drove down and looked at the apartment right before we signed the lease and it was perfect. Its a wonderful size, in a perfect location- right next to the pool, the office, the mailboxes, and right on top of the model so there is no one living under us! Plus its in a good location in the city- close to all the shopping and only 5 minutes from school!! Its a small blessing but an important one too :)

Then there is our school. The facilities are beautiful, the people are amazing and supportive and fun to hang out with and the kids are so great! And there's our church. It was the first church we visited and we randomly found it on the internet and decided to check it out. But we love it- the pastor is awesome and the people are so friendly. And we just so happened to join the small group of teachers. There are like 11 or 12 of us and all but 3 of us are teachers and everyone is from the Midwest (Ohio, Michigan, Minnesota). Its so nice to have people who understand where we are coming from!

God has really blessed us so richly! There are so many other things that I'm sure I'm forgetting. He sure has shown himself faithful in everything! I feel am so thankful for all the ways God has blessed me in the last few months.

Fall Break has been amazing so far! It is so weird to not have anything to do or anywhere to be. I have really enjoyed being able to sleep whenever I want and do whatever I want. I got some scrapbooking done, spent some time in my classroom getting things orgainized and ready to go, and running some random errands. Now Ashley's friends from Crown Heidi, Joyel, and Kim are here visiting us. Its fun to see some familiar faces from Crown and to show off where we live :)

School has been continuing to go well. I finally feel like I have gotten into a routine and am starting to figure this whole thing out! Sometimes anyway :) I am really enjoying my students and the school. I love teaching and am thankful every single day for the opportunity to be teaching these kids.

We are off to our favorite Mexican resturant and to enjoy the rest of our Fall Break. Thanks again for your all your love and support!!

Oh and for those of you who are worried about my eye it is finally almost completely healed. There is still some blood in my eye, but I think it will be gone in the next couple of days and its not painful at all anymore so I forget its even there :)

No comments:

Post a Comment