Saturday, May 12, 2012

Adventure #44: A Change of Heart

So...its been a while since I have posted on here! The spring flew by; well most of it! I've been busy wedding planning (which is going really well!), teaching (which I still love...most days), and lately packing (not so much fun!) I moved into Steve and Ashley's a few weeks ago since my lease was up and its been a blast. But that's not what this is about! Travis and I have always joked about him coming down here to Arizona to live. It is the land of the sun, who wouldn't want to be here! But I was always the one to say no, we'll live in Minnesota! Lately we have been talking a little more seriously about living in Arizona after we're married! I have a great job here, wonderful friends, the cost of living is cheaper, and its sunny all year round (a fact I don't always love, but its a nice bonus)! All this talking, finally convinced me and I asked my principal this week if I could keep my job for next year! She said yes and Travis and I made the decision that we will be living in Arizona after we get married! I am definitely going to miss Minnesota still! I will miss my family as I have the whole time I've been down here, I will miss the green grass and trees, the lakes, the snow! But as much as I will miss all those things, I know there are some great opportunities here! This has been a wonderful adventure so far, and I know there could be adventures in Minnesota too, but I wasn't quite ready for this one to end! So as of right now, our plan is for me to fly back to MN the beginning of June and stay up there until after our wedding! I have to be back in AZ on July 30th for training so we will be driving down soon after the wedding! There are still lots of details to figure out, but I am confident that they will all work out for our good! My heart will always belong in the land of 10,000 lakes and I hope to return there someday, but I am excited to stay in the Valley of the Sun for a little longer :)

No comments:

Post a Comment