Saturday, December 17, 2011

Adventure #43: December

Time flies when you're having fun...or planning a wedding and wrapping Christmas presents and teaching :) Yesterday was my last day of school before Christmas break and I can hardly believe we are done already! Some days it seems like just yesterday I was getting back from Thanksgiving and other days I feel like that was ages ago!
The weekend after Thanksgiving my mom flew down to visit me! It was great to have her here and for her to see my life down here. She came in to school with me for a day and my kids loved meeting her :) We also got some wedding planning done as we picked out bridesmaid dresses and my dress! It was a crazy weekend, but I'm glad she was able to come down.
Since then the weeks have passed fairly quickly as my days have been filled with teaching and making and wrapping presents (27 students is a lot of books to wrap!) and trying to figure out wedding details! We had a great Christmas party in my classroom yesterday and now I need to clean my apartment and pack and I will be on my way to Minnesota on Monday morning! I'm really excited to see Travis and my family and to get the chance to spend a couple weeks with them! And I'm sure it will go just as quickly if not more quickly than the rest of my December, but I'm going to treasure every moment!
Praying you all have a blessed Christmas and are able to spend some time this holiday season enjoying family and reflecting on the Reason for the season; a little baby who came down from heaven to die for our sins. Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment