I am always amazed at how quickly a week flies by when you are in the midst of a routine. I wake up every morning (except weekends) at about 5:30, get dressed, pack a lunch, and head to school to spend the next 9 or 10 hours going through the routine of school and all that is involved in that, I come home to relax and get geared up for the next day and then start it all over again. Some days, especially about 1 o'clock when my kids are tired and I'm tired; the day seems to be taking forever. But almost always, by the end of the week, I'm amazed that another week has passed!
My first two weeks of school have gone pretty well. There were bumps in the road; for example the first two days of school we stood outside in 110 degree heat for an hour trying to get all the kids home! But all in all, its been a great start to the year. Its so nice to have a good idea of what I'm doing and to not have to spend hours at school trying to get ready for the next day. It fascinating to see how different my class is this year. I wasn't really expecting that, but when I think about it it makes complete sense. This is a new group of kids with different experiences and backgrounds so of course they are going to be different! It has been a little bit of an adjustment because I was so used to how my students acted at the end of last year and compared to that, my new students seem like babies. It is a great reminder of how much they grow up and mature in first grade. I am so excited to watch this new class grow and learn and to see how far they will come by the end of the year!
Every day is a new adventure and I can't wait to see what the days will hold. Off to start today's adventure: hanging out by the pool soaking up the hot Arizona sun :)
No comments:
Post a Comment