Friday, February 25, 2011

Adventure #23: The Zoo!!!

I survived the field trip!!! We went to the Tuscon zoo today with the whole 1st grade. It was quite the adventure but it was a blast as well.

It is an hour long bus ride to the zoo and we were a little nervous about what in the world the kiddos were going to do. But thankfully we are creative teachers. Ashley and I taught our kids how to pump their arms up and down to get semis to honk! Their reaction when a truck actually honked was amazing! Their faces lit up and they cheered so loudly :) It was great. But then they got bored with that and we started a sing a long. The wheels on the bus, There was a farmer had a dog, Yankee Doodle, Row, row, row your boat; it was quite entertaining!!

The zoo itself was awesome. The animals were so cool to see and it was great to see the kids reactions. I think their favorite seemed to be the giraffes. They were pretty cool! My group even saw a monkey play hide-and-seek with us. :) It was so fun to be in a more relaxed atmosphere with the kids- to get to be goofy with them and see their faces light up as they looked at the animals and goofed around on the bus. It was a fun trip, but I'm exhausted :) So off to a relaxing weekend of grading I go :)

No comments:

Post a Comment