This grand adventure started at the beginning of the summer when my friend Ashley Fix moved to my parents house to live with us for the summer. One of the first things she said to me was, "Let's move to Arizona!" I pretty much immediately said, "Okay let's go!" not at all thinking that on July 18th I would be packing up all my stuff to move to Arizona with her. But here I am doing just that.
Ashley and I both just graduated from Crown College in May with elementary education degrees and have been tirelessly looking for teaching jobs for this fall. Minnesota is a great state to teach in, but the problem is there are hundreds, maybe thousands of teachers looking for jobs and not nearly that many job openings. So we decided to start looking elsewhere. We choose Arizona because Ashley's dad has a house down there and we were going to rent that from him and be set to go. Ashley researched schools in the area and found Legacy Traditional School, a charter school in the same town her dad's house is in. So one rainy weekend in June we sat on the couch in my living room and filled out the rather long application and sent them in. About two weeks later Ashley got an email asking for an interview and the day after her interview she got an email offering her a job. The next week I had an interview and a few days later got an email offering me the job.
So now we are both packing our lives up, saying good bye to all our friends and family and pretty much everything familiar to us and heading down to Casa Grande, Arizona to be teachers. I have no idea what God has in store for me as I begin this journey, but I see His hand in all of it and I know that whatever He has in store is going to be wonderful. I know it won't always be easy, but it will be good. My mom has a sign hanging in our living room that says, "Faith makes things possible, not easy" I know its going to be hard to be a first year teacher, to be away from my friends and family, and to be in a new place, but I also know God is good and He is going to give me the strength I need to make it through each new day.
I'm excited to see what's around the next corner and would love to have you join me in watching what God is going to do!
This is so exciting, Becky! I can't wait to hear about all the experiences you will have as you move to AZ! I will definitely be praying as you transition into this new stage of life. :)
ReplyDelete~Rachel
Becky! How amazing is our God to provide a job and an adventure for you! Will you be passing through the springs on your way!?
ReplyDeleteOh, I'm just so excited for you!